June 11, 2009

How to Ride Your Bicycle Into CO Springs

Several of my CO Springs friends are planning to meet me and my parents in Woodland Park on Tuesday 16 June, to ride into town for the evening. If anyone is interested in joining us, here is the route for the whole day. Only the Eastern segment, from Woodland Park down, is what matters for the purposes of this post:

Hartsel - CO Springs

The logistics are as follows: I'll be in the parking lot of the Rocky Mountain Dinosaur Resource Center in Woodland Park at 5:30pm. We'll begin descending at 6pm with whomever has showed up. Look closely at the map, we're not going to take 24 the whole way down; we'll deviate through Green Mountain Falls and Chipita Park: that's much prettier. (So if you're late, and you want to cross paths with us on the way up, make sure you take the same deviation.)

Any bicycle (Cervelo or Walmart) and any bicycler is welcome. I'm going to ride slowly. And it's almost entirely descent from Woodland Park, 2omi of it. We'll probably take 1.5hrs. I'd just love to see anyone that can make it.

Also, if you're planning to meet me further West than Woodland Park, be aware that my parents and I are planning to arrive in Woodland Park by 2pm or so. So there will be about a 4hr buffer of no riding.

We've had much colder, wetter weather than we thought we would through these Utah and Wyoming segments. It looks like much of the same for the Colorado passes. Maybe even some snow. There are plenty of stories to tell. I'll try to type some out in the coming week.

1 comment:

  1. Brett-I posted your invitation on Facebook as an REI event. I didn't read this until tonight, so it's kind of last minute. I hope to be there!

    ReplyDelete