June 18, 2009

East from Kansas

I've had a great 10 days of riding with my parents. We arrived in CO Springs on Tuesday night. It was something coming over Wilkerson Pass and seeing the backside of Pikes Peak for the first time in over a month, felt a little like home. We were met by on friend, Melanie a few miles on the downside of Ute Pass, the last CO Pass I'll be climbing on this tour. Then two other friends, Ken and Sarah, up in Woodland Park to descend the 20mi into the city. That evening and the next morning I got to be with a number of other good friends. Also got to rebuild my creaking pedals in my old shop and catch up with a few friends there. Now, my parents have driven me to Eastern Kansas, from where I'll start my next leg alone. In a week I'll be in St. Louis, MO, staying with my Aunt and Uncle and then flying back to VA for the final summer event, my sister and Jacob's wedding reception.

Mom and Dad are about to take me out for a huge breakfast. In Kansas or Missouri I'm hoping I'll see tornadoes. In the distance.

No comments:

Post a Comment